The first chapter of our mission statement "Self-Conception, Vision and Mission" presents to the outside world what the University Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine stand for. The second chapter, "Mission Statement", builds on this and defines the values and standards that should shape our actions and cooperation. The orientation frame thus created is primarily intended to work inwards and serve as a guideline for all of us.
The University Hospital
1. Self-image, vision and mission
Focus on the human being
We focus on the human being. In teams working across professions and areas, we provide both basic medical care and top university medicine and guarantee consultation and treatment from a single source, around the clock. We treat patients with affection and individual care. We are also a competent partner for serious and rare diseases. Quality is transparent and can be experienced with us.
We ensure progress in medicine
To this end, we create and bundle knowledge, apply it and pass it on. Health care, research and teaching form a unity for us. We combine basic and clinical research. As a location with a network of cutting-edge research networks, we are among the best in our key areas both nationally and internationally.
2. Mission statement
Patients and their relatives
For patients and their relatives we are a competent partner for all questions concerning health and illness. The well-being and satisfaction of our patients and their relatives motivate and guide our actions.
- We maintain the greatest possible autonomy for people and promote their personal responsibility and self-determination.
- We respect patients and their families and treat them with respect.
- We stand for excellent medical and nursing treatment, care and reliability as well as open and personal attention.
- We offer holistic treatment concepts and inform about sensible therapy alternatives.
- Our patients benefit directly from tried and tested treatment methods as well as state-of-the-art treatment methods, which are communicated in an understandable way.
Partners in health care, research and teaching
We are a reliable and competent partner for doctors in private practice, other hospitals, nursing homes and science sponsors.
- We share our knowledge and bear joint responsibility for our patients.
- We communicate in a targeted and fast manner.
- We strive for optimal interfaculty and non-university networking.
Students and trainees
- We create the best conditions for imparting knowledge in studies and training.
- Through structured, high-quality teaching, we convey both knowledge and the principles of ethical medical and nursing practice as well as the necessary social competence.
- We train our junior staff in a professional and practice-oriented manner.
- We impart science, medical skills and responsibility to our junior physicians.
Employees of the company
- We have confidence in our employees. You will experience esteem and fairness with transparent leadership and appropriate remuneration. join us!
- In our team work, we cultivate open and critical communication, thereby involving our employees in decision-making processes.
- Lifelong learning is an important task for us. This is why we support our employees in their professional training and development.
- We offer flexible and family-friendly working conditions.
- We provide an optimal working environment in health care and research with good networking of clinic and science.
- The clinic is a reliable employer and takes care of the job security of its employees.
Range of services
- In our outpatient departments and wards we offer the complete spectrum of high-performance university medicine. This includes counselling, prevention, diagnostics, therapy, rehabilitation and palliative medicine.
- At the same time, the clinic performs the function of a district hospital for the region.
- We strive to achieve an optimal mix of scientific diversity and focus on
- Through the efficient and responsible use of our financial resources, we create the basis for successful and sustainable development.
- On the basis of appropriate funding from our sponsors, we consistently use alternative forms of financing such as third-party funding and fundraising.
- We base our economic decisions on maintaining our performance and competitiveness.
- As the largest employer in the region, we are aware of our special economic and social responsibility.
- We see our work in research, teaching and health care at a high level as a social obligation.
- In the interest of optimal health care, we actively influence the development of health and science policy in Germany.
- We want to make our contribution to ensuring that affordable medicine will continue to be possible for everyone in the future.
- By using energy-saving and environmentally friendly technologies, combined with a responsible use of existing resources, we make an important contribution to society.