While covering the whole field of uveitis on the first few days, special topics will be offered later in four small inter-active groups: to learn how to evaluate uveitis patients, to rationally develop a differential diagnosis, to interpret imaging results, and to optimize your treatment strategy. The interactive program will allow in depth discussion on management of even complicated uveitis issues.
The course will be limited to 80 attendees.
The international faculty is composed of highly experienced uveitis specialists who are well known for their teaching skills.
Faculty (members of the IUSG)
- Reema BansalChandigarh, India
- John KempenAddis Ababa (Ethiopia), Boston (USA)
- Aniki RothovaRotterdam, The NetherlandsH.
- Nida SenBethesda, USA
- Manfred ZierhutTuebingen, Germany
- Anatomy, Epidemiology and Nomenclature
- History and Investigations
- Ocular Immunology
- Models of experimental Uveitis
- Anterior, intermediate and posterior Uveitis
- Systemic Diseases and Uveitis
- Inflammation of the Sclera
- Fluorescein- (FLA) and Indocyanine green-Angiography (ICG)
- Macular Edema
- Differential Diagnosis
- Medical Management: Corticosteroids, Immunosuppressives, biological Agents, intraocular Drug Delivery
- Surgical Management: Cataract Surgery, Vitrectomy
- Secondary Glaucoma
- Uveitis in Children
- Interactive Groups: How to analyse difficult Cases, Laboratory Investigations, Interpretation of FAG and ICG, Management
Confidential assessment tests for the benefit of the particitipants at the beginning and at the end of the course.